From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
...for the busy economist
Here are some strategies that are easy to implement:
- Emphasize that biology is not destiny, and foster a growth mindset in your students.
- Add wait time to classroom activities.
- Incorporate cooperative learning by employing Think-pair-share.
Here are some more sweet ideas:
- Design effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Vary your assessments and retrieval exercises.
- Take an Implicit Association Test.
Does it matter?
Proven strategies for the classroom
Proven practices for instructors
Proven policies for departments